There’s been much discussion recently about the UK Placement market, which is generally reported as having got off to a slower start than expected.
Intelligent, strategic placement which will work for both brands and programmes involves many disciplines and skill-sets which hitherto have not had to come together in pursuit of a common goal. Placement’s slow growth is partly because participants have found this a little frightening, and can too-easily be placed into the “too-difficult” box.
To help address this, Madigan Cluff, the Pinewood based agency specialising in the planning and auditing of placement, have launched a UK first – a half-day seminar that covers how best to take advantage of this new media opportunity, which is a $5 billion dollar market in the United States.
With tailored versions aimed at production companies and brand owners (and their advisors), the seminar is called Best Practice in Brand Placement.
After an introductory market update, the session covers key issues, such as:
- How can we learn from the success of placement in other, more mature marketplaces?
- How can we match our objectives with appropriate programming that will be of interest to commissioning broadcasters?
- How can we deploy professional research techniques to deliver the perfect offer for our brand-owners?
- And how do we then develop beyond the traditional broadcast piece (e.g. into online/promotional iterations)?
- How can we make the money value equation work for all parties?
- What do we have to do as an organisation to make best use of placement?
- And how can we be sure that we are pursuing placement in a way that makes best commercial sense for all the parties involved?
Michael Cluff, partner at Madigan Cluff, said:
“In the not too distant future, placement will grow to be as important a part of the marketing mix as it is in the USA. British programming is the second most exported worldwide after the US, and unlike advertising placements go wherever programmes are transmitted. To date neither programme makers nor advertisers have created big opportunities – we believe our expertise can help bridge the gap – and give people the knowledge and experience to get started.”
“Hence this seminar. Which is designed to address precisely that. It’s informative, it’s solution orientated, and it’s fun. What’s not to like?!”